Monday, March 9, 2009

before & after



So this week, we have been doing something new.... we're calling it a financial fast. For one week, we are fasting from spending, we won't spend a penny for 7 days. It's been a very rewarding experience! I feel amazingly relaxed and peaceful. It's almost as if going to the store or spending money makes me feel worked up and crazy. I enjoy the feeling of organization and calm. I'm not worried about what's for dinner, or more importantly, what I have to run to the store to get... a great experience I highly recommend to everyone.
Naturally, since we're not spending any money, a few situations have gotten too hairy. ( Mike, Isaac, and Charlie to be specific )
So on Saturday, I put on the Barbers hat, pulled out the clippers and scissors, and went to work. Whew! there were no tears and Mike even kissed me afterwards. I must admit, I enjoyed doing it.

1 comment:

Brownies said...

Cool!
Nice to see you and your family!