Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Business as (the new) Usual in Idaho

Oooooh, typing up on my blog again makes me feel giddy.... I've wanted to do this for several months. We have successfully moved. It was quite a production. I am super grateful that some people pack and move others as a profession/job. I am in awe of my own wonderful mother who came and for the most part unpacked all my boxes and put my new home in order by herself. My head was (okay, it still is) in a fog with all the chaos. Thank you Mom.


So here we are... the last day of school is just about two weeks away. We have been busy with soccer, swimming lessons, voice lessons, school plays, school, scouts... not to mention playing, and playing, and playing (tis the season with spring) Gina has changed her classes, and plans for classes more times than we can count! Other than that... she has adjusted to the new location easier than anyone else. RELIEF! As a teenager, moving mid school year can really put a kink in the social life. Gina has breezed through the last few months ALMOST effortlessly (wink, wink). She has made great friends, and taken advantage of opportunities to further her natural dramatic abilities (spring play "Much ado about nothing"). She is excited to be a governor next year in the Senior class presidency, public singing will once again be one of her many activities, and prom is this weekend... I have been most impressed with her positive attitude and cheerfulness. Gina is gorgeous, amazing, and such an inspiration to me...
Eliza and Isaac have grown by leaps and bounds!(literally and figuratively) As the family cheerleader, Eliza continues to encourage and cheer us as we change and adjust to a new home, school and friends. She too continues to enhance her natural dramatic abilities...(I know, girls are naturally dramatic!) She wrote a poem that took 2nd place locally, and 3rd place in state. She is loving voice lessons, and playing soccer, attending plays, concerts on campus, reading, and chillin with her new BFF's. I am ever grateful that she still considers Isaac as one of her best friends. Isaac has sort of taken to the comforts of Eliza's shadow in our new surroundings. Slowly his confidence and comfort levels are growing. Scouting, swimming lessons, soccer, his deepening love for frogs (and playing the wii)have been great for him to make new friends. He is quite the artist! However, unlike his older sisters, he DOES NOT like the lime light, or center stage attention. He is so gentle, quiet and thoughtful...this move has really been tough for him. My heart swells (honestly, I've cried like a baby for him) as I watch him learn he can do hard things. Moreover, I am delighted to see his sweet smile and hear his contagious laugh more often as he is coming out of Eliza's shadow.
Charles is ever the charmer! He has jumped in to a new preschool and made lots of new friends! All be it, they are all girls except for two boys. Charlie is so full of life, anxious everyday to explore and learn new things. He thrives on responsibility and helping take care of Rex. I gave away his little bike when we moved and he has hounded me everyday to get him a new bike so he can ride. Phew... found the perfect bike on craigslist. Charlie has been reconnected to the fish in him recently. As he walked out of the locker room after the first day of swim lessons, and asked me "mom, is tomorrow a swim day?" I told him is was.. to which he said "that is going to be a long time, I can't wait to swim tomorrow!" True enough, it was a long wait for him to get back in the water every afternoon. His head was under the water more than he was above. Just like a fish, he is a natural at swimming. And soccer... he is a one man team. He throws the ball in and is right there to dribble it to the goal. He plays hard and sleeps good!
Olivia and Rex are a real duo! Olivia has really missed her best buddy Wyatt! He came to visit and after he left she stood at the window and cried "come back Wyatt, come back to me." She speaks of him often and returning to Bozeman. She would like her social circle to get bigger, but her mother is so absolutely restricting. Even still, she pays me the highest compliment in saying "I just want to be a mommy like you.... when I grow a little bigger like you mom, then I can be a mom like you." Poor Rex, he will learn to love both of his mothers. Rex has popped two teeth out. Oh, does teething have to be so hard? Rex is in the in to everything stage. He pushes anything and everything like a walker across the kitchen floor, and loves to play in the fridge the most. He is by far the loudest screaming screetcher, creature in the family. He is a funny little guy!
Life is good, it's beautiful and crazy all at the same time. This is what I wanted... to be married to a good honest man, and be a mother. Some days are so crazy, for instance, today... it has taken me 3 months and the entire day to post this update, I think I might just explode or pull out all my hair... but how incredibly amazing to know such love and joy. I am content that my husband is happy with his work, and that allows me to stay home full time. I appreciate so much the time I had to live in Bozeman. In the past few weeks, I have missed Bozeman so much that I ache with longing for my friends and the familiar beauty of that valley. I had no idea I let my roots grow so deep in Montana! How rich and satisfying are the memories I share with you my friends from Montana. To those here in Idaho, I do appreciate the seeds of friendship planted already. Patience is a virtue I obviously lack... And so it is true, "all good things come to those who wait".

No comments: