Monday, May 21, 2012

Honoring

So a few days ago was Mother's day. It was a wonderful day! Thanks again to my own Mother, and to Michael's Mother who lovingly mothered us so well through childhood, endured the teenage trials, and adapted with us as adults. (Gina has approved my description "it's okay" with a questionable facial expression) I am grateful to be a mother now... for my children who bring me endless joy. I was thrilled to be pampered and eat breakfast in bed. THANK YOU! Saturday night I had the honor of helping Gina prepare for prom. I was so excited for her (she did have 2 invitations to prom) such an exciting event for her to be part of! As I helped curl her hair and apply makeup, I couldn't help but remember when she was much younger... how I longed to help her with her hair! I enjoyed every minute helping in the preparation process. And the results...
Gorgeous girl! The date... he just accentuates her beauty.
This past week we made a quick (really super quick) trip back to Bozeman for the funeral of our friend. Driving into the valley, I felt like laughing and crying both at the same time. It was such a wonderful feeling... that feeling of "home, or coming home". After visiting with some friends at the funeral, I found myself thinking of a quote someone once gave me... "she finds a treasure who finds a true friend."... Montana is known as "the treasure state". How true! I realized I have a treasure chest full of treasures! After pondering on this all week, I felt reassured in my belief that people are brought into my life (and I into theirs) for a reason. It is not by chance, or just a coincident... there is purpose for all our associations and friendships. I treasure my friendships past and present, and look forward to those yet to be... here. Sometimes it is good to go back (or go "home") to remember and review the past in order to move forward and progress. Perhaps my ramblings make no sense at all to anyone but me. oh well, I'm used to that.

No comments: